Branding is more than a name, a logo or a design concept. Branding is your company’s legacy and it encompasses a promise of quality products or superb service to potential customers. As a small business, branding is therefore extremely important and it will greatly contribute to your success.
When you start a new business, you will need a budget and often branding might not get a big enough cut. This could have a negative effect on your products as they stand second or third to the competition. Make sure you spend enough time and budget on creating and developing a unique brand that will get the attention of your target audience.
Five reasons why you should look into doing professional brand development:
1. Branding shows you take your business seriously: A poor brand can make it appear as if you don’t take your business seriously. It will therefore be very hard for others to do so. A strong professional brand will also motivate you to work harder at your products and services to further enhance the brand.
2. Branding creates a unified voice: As a small business your marketing budget might be limited and that is why you need your company’s “small” voice to make a unified and lasting sound. Potential customers could start to notice and respect your company as a result.
3. Branding creates expectation: Spending time and money on building a brand that your customers can associate with will create a sense of expectation. They will expect that your product or service will be the solution to a specific problem they have which will ultimately lead them to buy it.
4. Branding motivates the customer to choose your product: With enough motivation from good branding a potential customer can turn into a customer. If there are several similarly priced products on the shelf that all promise the same thing but your branding (with regards to packaging, product message and all-over advertising) triggers a favourable memory in the shopper they will buy-into your product.
5. Branding motivates brand loyalty: Branding has the power for people to become a loyal fan of the brand and not just the initial product. With good branding any future items you bring to market will have a favourable response. It is your job to ensure that all products or services you bring to market convey the same or enhanced brand quality that customers have become accustomed to.
All businesses start out small. Apple started in the garage of Steve Wozniack who teamed up with Steve Jobs and today the brand is one of the most popular in the world. A successful business has as much to do with good branding as it has to do with superior products and services. With the right research and approach you can take your company further than you’ve ever dreamed it could go.
“A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
Jeff Bezos – Amazon
© 2012 DiaMatrix. All Rights Reserved.
1 Zuid Street | Johannesburg | South Africa | 2192
Tel: 0861 100 698 | Fax: 0866 862 444